Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cambodia Calls

So I've now been in Africa for six weeks!  Time has flown by! I have fallen in love with this country, the people and what The Lord is doing here! I've learned so much and enjoyed giving out so much! I'm so excited that I get to share this with all of you! It's amazing to know and see the support of all of you back in the states! 

I have a burning passion on my heart for women and children who are vulnerable to exploitation in the sex trafficking industry. I love the privilege I get to be involved in women's lives day to day and I wholeheartedly believe that I will be able to help women around the globe over the course of my life. 

I currently have an amazing opportunity to go to Cambodia and work with a newly established branch of the organization I'm currently working with in Mozambique. I will be working with these new bases and encouraging those who work there year round as well as practically serving their needs. One of the main focuses of Iris Cambodia is rescuing children (particularly young boys) who have been trafficked and abused, and so team members will have the opportunity to interact and love the street kids and also the women who work in the bars and brothels close by.

I will get the incredible privilege to worship, intercede and hear God's heart for Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and the nation of Cambodia. There are other organizations and NGOs in the city that we will have the opportunity to partner and serve with. This could range from helping with feeding programs in the local slum areas, or basic medical and sanitary care. 

I asked God why we are sent to specific places and why He wants us to do specific things that may not lineup with what western thinking would call logical or practical. He replied: "I don't send you for your own benefit or for you to share a cool story of what I did in nations, but I send you for them. I send you for the sake of those crying out for a savior and to feel a love that they've never known." 

This completely shifted my idea of what "missions" look like and why we do it. We aren't supposed to be comfortable! It's not meant to make US happy but rather to see the happiness of those who hear the gospel for the first time and their lives are changed forever! 

Upon coming to Mozambique, I intended to come back to the states and have a few weeks to see family and get back into the rhythm of life and adjust back to the western world and not visit another country before coming back. But when I made myself available to The Lord and said "I will go where You send me" he began putting pictures of little girls in Cambodia in my head and I knew that I needed to go on this two week trip. It works out perfectly with my school schedule and I will be back in the states in exactly the amount of time I need! Giving my life to God wholly means that my idea of comfort and easing back into my home culture is not what is in His plan for the end of my summer. But I would rather live a life of obedience to God than ever be "comfortable" and doing what I want. Because I am confident I'm the fact that The Lord will take care of me completely! 

I am beyond excited to go on this adventure with The Lord and to be able to walk into the passion The Lord has given me for the vulnerable and the oppressed! I thank every single one of you for being faithful in prayer for me and for contributing to my financial situation while I have been away. It has been such a blessing to see The Lord come through and use all of you as vessels in your "yes" to The Lord! I have abundant faith that The Lord will come through again in all ways and this trip to Cambodia will be absolutely blessed as myself and our team spread the love of The Lord to another part of the world. You all have blessed people you may not meet until heaven! 

So! CHALLENGE! If 135 people give $20 I will be completely funded! 

If you want to give, it's easy to give through my paypal account at: Kelsey.e.mcgee@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment